Maximizing Marketing Dollars Through Partnerships
$15M off-trend brand in small category needs fresh consumer tactic.
With a tiny budget, and only a 4% household penetration, the brand needed creative, cost-effective ways to increase its number of consumer impressions
- Reviewed brand assets, and asked two key questions: What is working well, and what might be of interest to a partner?
- Sales force great at getting shipper placement
- Packaging good size for partner offer “billboard”
- Tri-fold, four-color tear-pads provided great real estate for partner offer
- Signature recipe easy and quick to demonstrate plus it’s a “surprise and delighter” for consumers
- Seasonal brand driven by peak berry harvest, so timing of activity different by market
- Based on brand characteristics, determined that ideal partner would be a food-related partner for whom grocery store exposure would be desirable
- Identified home-party food prep/storage company as ideal partner
- Created multi-faceted, fully integrated promotion featuring signature recipe
- Partner featured in brand’s tear-pad and on brand’s package
- Brand featured in demonstrations at partner’s home parties and recipe printed in partner’s catalog
- All elements of program, across both companies, had similar look and feel