Marketing Newsletter Archive
Argentum Strategy Group sends out a quarterly newsletter to its 2300+ subscribers. Featured content typically includes interviews, webinars, book reviews, case studies and other things of marketing and general interest. A list of past issues and a summary of their contents is below.
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter!
2021 Fall: Invention and Reinvention
Case Study: Wynk™ THC & Seltzer – Diving Into Cannabis Beverages
Video Case Study: Backing off Buzzwords
Case Study: Evolving Value Propositions Over Time
2021 Winter: Turning the Kaleidoscope
Article Review & Case Study: Looking at Your Competitive Set in a New Way
Video: Thinking Differently and the Human Brain
Blog Post: A Fresh Look at How B2B Customers Buy
2020 Spring: Manageable Marketing While Sheltering in Place
Blog Post: How to Lose a Lead in 10 Seconds: When Email Marketing Goes Horribly Wrong
Blog Post: Tools You Can Use Now to Improve Your Marketing – It’s Time for a Marketing Audit
Case Study: From Positioning to Packaging – Building Amylu’s Award-Winning Packaging
2019 Fall: Better Stronger Faster
Blog Post: Is Your Point of Difference a Buried Treasure?
Video: Four Easy Tools for Identifying Your Point of Difference
Video: Throwdown: So You Think YOUR Service is Differentiated?
2019 Spring: Positioning Palooza
Blog Post: So You Have a Positioning Statement, Now What? Elevator Pitches
Blog Post: So You Have a Positioning Statement, Now What? Messaging Matrix
Under Construction: Positioning Boot Camp
2018 Fall: It’s Okay to Be Needy
Blog Post: Bain’s B2B Value Pyramid
- Blog Post: Warby Wannabees
Video: Using Human Words – How to Describe Unmet Needs
2018 Spring: Getting Into Your Customers’ Heads: How to Get Your Message Heard
Blog Post: Overcoming “Not For Me” With Your Marketing Messaging
Blog Post: So You Want to Know More About Your Customers
Video: Strategic Execution
Video: Making Your Customers’ Lives Easier
2017 Fall: Applying B2C Thinking to Your B2B
Blog Post: Marketing For a Smaller B2B
Video: Marketing Minute: Word of Mouth
Workshop: Marketing Strategy for B2B’s
2017 Spring: Filling Your Marketing Tool Box
Blog Post: Marketing Your New Book
- Video: The Difference Between Strategies and Tactics
Blog Post: Net Promoter Score: Measuring Word of Mouth Potential
Marketing Hack: Measuring Brand Awareness
2016 Fall: High Efficiency Marketing: Making the Best Use of Your Time
Blog Post: The Care and Feeding of Your Brand Ambassadors
Video: Four Market Research Rules You Should Know
Blog Post: Have I Got a Deal For You – Evaluating Unsolicited Opportunities
2016 Spring: Marketing Hacks: Maximizing a Minimal Budget
- Blog Post: Favorite Marketing Hacks
- Video: Conducting Free Client Research
- Blog Post: No-Budget Research
2015 Fall: Change is in the Air: Thinking Differently About Your Marketing
- Webinar: Positioning – Laying the Foundation for Sales & Marketing Success
- Blog Post: Blowing Up the B2B Sales Funnel
- Blog Post: Netflix: Building a World Class Brand
- #CoolClient: Take a virtual tour through a Matterport 3D Showcase
2015 Summer: Bringing Your Strategy to Life: Creative Partnerships
- Case Study: Hiring an Advertising Agency
2015 Winter: Don’t Drive Off the Road: Take Some Time to Plan
- Video: DIY Marketing Planning, from a workshop we conducted for the University of Chicago’s Polsky Accelerator.
- Blog Post: What it really took to make Dollar Shave Club’s viral video.
2014 Summer: Reaching Your Target
- Video: Narrowing Your Target, from a workshop we conducted for the University of Chicago’s Polsky Accelerator.
- Book Review: Jonah Berger’s Contagious, about what companies of any size can do to drive word-of-mouth marketing.
- Case Study: Empowering a sales force to build their own personal brands while concurrently promoting the company.
2014 Spring: Know Thy Customer
- An overview of the basic how-to research class we created for 1871, Chicago’s tech incubator.
- Blog Post: Easy customer research.
- Two great articles from Inc. magazine that talk about innovative research methodologies young companies are using. How To Gauge Customer Demand and Putting Data in Design
2013 Fall: Gear Up For Growth
- Blog Post: Two-part series on gearing up for marketing growth. A response to entrepreneur Ankur Gopal’s questions about how to know when you’re ready for “real” marketing.
- A review of one of our favorite go-to marketing books, Tim Calkins’ Breakthrough Marketing Plans.
2013 Spring: Marketing Simplicity
- Blog Posts: Don’t Let Cool Be the Enemy of Clear and More Powerful Elevator Pitches.
- A simple but clever video demonstrating why great creative takes time.
- Update on a project we completed for Clarke, a global environmental products and services company.
2012 Fall: Defining Your Brand
- Two brief video segments from a marketing workshop we conducted for the University of Chicago Booth Accelerator Program’s inaugural class of entrepreneurs. The segments address two subjects we get asked about a lot: 1) The difference between positioning and elevator pitch and 2) how to define a company’s competitive set.
- Update on a project we completed for Swingbyte, an innovative golf technology company.
2012 Spring: Powerful Customer Approaches
- A recent webinar we conducted on creating powerful value propositions for your business.
- Insight into how consumer habits can help inform your marketing.
2011 Fall: Fresh Perspectives
- A review of some marketing lessons from the 10/11 TEDx Midwest,
- Case Study: How to hire an agency that’s right for your company.
2011 Spring: Looking At Your Business Differently
- Simon Sinek’s terrific TEDx presentation that looks at value propositions from his distinctive “inside out” perspective.
- Article: The ways that successful entrepreneurs truly think differently than their successful corporate counterparts. How Great Entrepreneurs Think.
- Case Study: Client who requested Marketing Coaching so he could learn more about marketing his company by collaborating with us.
2010 Fall: B2B Marketing In A B2C World
- Examples of B2B client companies who are learning to speak their B2C customers’ languages better. Three benefits are:
- Easier for customers to buy when benefits can be clearly understood;
- More constructive conversations because you start from the same page;
- Demonstrate that you understand your customers, an important building block for strong, long-term relationships.
2010 Spring: Marketing Mistakes To Avoid
- An Argentum TV appearance outlining three common marketing mistakes that small to mid-sized businesses often make.
- A brief review of Switch, How To Change When Change Is Hard, that addresses smart, easy ways to make change possible for you and your organization.
2009 Fall: Smart Marketing
- Two of our favorite marketing-related articles, Business Week’s piece on the Comcast Cares Guy and the Harvard Business Review article about how the Sales and Marketing functions evolve in an organization
- Two case studies that highlight the value that strategic marketing can bring to any organization.
2009 Spring: Smart Marketing in Tough Times
- Visual Case Study: How Brand Positioning Led To Improved Packaging
- Two case studies that show how and when hiring a Timeshare VP of Marketing® can make sense for a business.