After buying Amylu Foods in early 2018, the new owner put developing a new logo and revitalizing the packaging high on the brand’s marketing to-do list for the company’s flagship chicken sausage business.
- Conducted customer and consumer research to identify core brand equities.
- Leveraged the research and the team’s category knowledge to develop a positioning statement to use as the foundation for all future creative work. The statement focused on the brand’s key point of differentiation: Amylu’s superior eating experience thanks to
- Delicious, real ingredients that you can actually see in each sausage like apple and gouda pieces
- The sausage-making expertise and artisanal skill required to use a natural lamb casing instead of pork or artificial casings
- The still engaged founder, Amylu herself, who develops the company’s new products in her kitchen, not some sterile R&D lab.
- Led the search for a packaging design firm that would align with the personality and needs of the Amylu team. In this case, Stacy Karzen.
- Worked closely with the design firm and Amylu’s team to ensure that the new logo and packaging process went smoothly and aligned with the brand’s marketing objectives.
The award winning packages have rolled out across all retail accounts and also into all Costco locations nation-wide.
- Graphic Design USA – 2019 retail packaging http://contests.gdusa.com/2019-american-graphic-design-awards-gallery?sc=12
- Graphic Design USA – 2020 Coscto packaging